[pypy-dev] PyPy work plan

Maciek Fijalkowski fijal at genesilico.pl
Sat Aug 18 13:26:55 CEST 2007

As you probably have observed already, for the last few months pypy
is slowly approaching "being usable" state instead of "having more
ultra-cool
features", as we've got enough of them to be willing to use them.
As we're moving towards maintaining pypy as an open source project I would
suggest to look around parts of pypy and have list
of people who are willing to maintain certain parts. Maintain not in a sense
of developing those, but rather accepting/rejecting patches, keeping it up
to date with other parts, etc. I would also suggest
to move parts with no obvious maintainer somewhere else in svn
(branch? tag?) not to confuse people who checkout whole svn repository
with parts never used by anyone. This option would make it easier to:

* have people entering project, since it would be obvious who to
  contact for different parts.

* maintain whole codebase, since some cleanup changes are pervasive
  enough to break different parts.

* this would also hopefully reduce whole code size.

I've also checked in pypy parts (more or less) into
http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/maintainers.txt
feel free to add yourself wherever you like and to modify this list as well

What do you think?

Cheers,
fijal

:.