[pypy-dev] PyPy cleanups
fijall at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:49:12 CEST 2007
This is the list of possibly orphaned parts of pypy.
We should consider each item here and think in detail
what to do with them. They're mostly broken or not
actively maintained. If nobody shows an interest
to maintain them, deleting would be the best solution
to avoid clutter. Also they pose a maintenance burden
when we proceed with the needed large refactorings.
Maybe it is also a solution to lazily delete them as
they are broken by refactoring if nobody steps up.
Of course deleted things can easily be brought back from
svn history, if there is renewed interest. So the above
may sound scarier than it is.
* llvm backend - we need a maintainer for that
* pyrex backend (llvm depends on it tough)
* js interpreter - needs a lot of work, before
we might have usecases for that.
* common lisp backend
* squeak backend
* ext compiler - would need a large rewrite from rctypes to rffi
* rctypes (both) - delete as soon as they would not be needed
* logic objspace, including constraint libraries
fijal, Samuele, Simon & Carl Friedrich
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pypy-dev