[pypy-dev] svn blame all

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Mon Dec 3 19:47:25 CET 2007

Maciek Fijalkowski wrote:
>> Out of getting completely bored, I run svn blame on all .py files which
>> are svn blameable, excluding unicodedata and pyrepl (which is external)
>> in pypy directory. Results are here:
>> http://codespeak.net/~fijal/svnblameall.txt
>>

> A little explanation - first column is percentage of overall code,
> second is number of lines (including blanks) third is a developer
> nickname. Enjoy :-)

Well, these are numbers which show some tendency, but I'm
not sure why we want this? Who has the most lines or
check-ins? I don't think this is a good measure, people
have very different check-in behavior, some people are usually
doing huge systematic changes, etc.
So I'm really not sure what we want to do with these numbers.
If not being a contest, what else would it be?

btw. there are sites out there which do a similar but more
intensive measure and rank you, based upon svn checkins.
Taking that as a basis, then I almost did not contribute
to Stackless (developed using CVS most of the time).

Statistics are rubbish - ly chris