[pypy-dev] PyPy talk not accepted at PyCon

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Tue Dec 11 11:48:13 CET 2007

------- Forwarded Message

Subject: PyCon 2008 proposal #81 decision
From: pycon-pc at python.org
To: fijall at gmail.com, lac at openend.se
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 07:34:57 GMT

Dear Maciej Fijalkowski, Ms. Laura A Creighton,

we are sorry to inform you that your proposal,
"The PyPy way and the tales of nice features and pleasant design",
was not accepted for inclusion in the conference program. PyCon has grown
tremendously over the last few years; this year we received over 140 proposals,
and had space in the schedule for less than half. A number of excellent
proposals had to be cut.

We do want you to know that PyCon will feature a number of Open Space sessions
that are not part of the formal presentation schedule. Please consider
presenting your talk as an Open Space presentation, or as a five-minute
lightning talk. Thank you for your effort in submitting a proposal,
and we hope you will still join us in Chicago!

We are attaching the program committee's reviews of your proposal below;
they are also visible to authors on the PyCon website. Finally, we want to
hear your thoughts on this year's online proposal system and submission
process. What went well? What could've been better? Please take a
moment to provide feedback:

    < http://us.pycon.org/2008/survey/propmgr/ >

Alternatively, you may provide comments in reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,
    Ivan Krstić <ivan at laptop.org>, program committee chair, PyCon 2008
    David Goodger <goodger at python.org>, conference chair, PyCon 2008

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proposal: < http://us.pycon.org/2008/conference/proposals/81/ >

Reviewer #73: +1

PyPy talks at PyCon have not been represented well so far.
This talk has the potential to clarify a lot of the mystery which many
people still associate with the PyPy project.

Reviewer #4: +0

PyPy is interesting. My concern (and thus +0) is that it is too big for
a 30 min talk. The 30 min limit needs to be taken into consideration when planning
the timed outline.

Reviewer #76: +0

I think this could be a good talk.  It's an interesting project, but it
seems like it would have a somewhat limited audience.  The author mentions
demos, which will be important to make things concrete.

You have received this e-mail because you are participating in PyCon 2008.
If you feel you have received this e-mail in error, please contact:
    Jeff Rush at jeff at taupro.com

------- End of Forwarded Message