[pypy-dev] Roadmap draft

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Thu Dec 20 14:32:14 CET 2007

Hi Carl Friedrich, all,

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 19:57 +0100, Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:
> Just to inform you a bit: Several PyPy developers have sat together and
> worked on a very rough roadmap for what tasks need to be done to make
> PyPy a realistic replacement for CPython. The work is going on here:
>
> https://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/extradoc/planning/roadmap/
>
> We plan to work on this some more in the next days. As soon as it is in
> a more finished state we will ask write a mail to pypy-dev again and ask
> for general feedback.

As i mentioned to you on chat, i see many of the files in the
above directory as goals, coarse- or fine-grained and sometimes
depending on other goals.  They can be used to construct roadmaps out
of it which then should also include release plans etc - as it stands the
discussion can easily get confused there.  IOW, I'd like to
get to more clarity both for internal, project and outside
communication purposes.

best & cheers,

holger