[pypy-dev] JS Interpreter and the mozilla testing suite

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 14:01:35 CET 2007

We are able to parse most of the mozilla suite of tests, so I made a
little driver (a thing that runs the mozilla suite) to run the tests
against our interpreter. Most of the tests suite breaks after the
parsing on some missing opcode or when trying to access some non
implemented function (or object, or prototype, or constructor). The
parts that get as far as finishing building the test cases are here:

6-2.js passed 5 of 5 tests
7.1-1.js passed 4 of 4 tests
7.1-2.js passed 3 of 3 tests
7.7.2.js passed 1 of 1 tests
7.7.3-1.js passed 25 of 25 tests
7.7.3.js passed 166 of 184 tests
10.1.3.js passed 15 of 15 tests
10.1.6.js passed 0 of 16 tests
10.2.3-1.js passed 0 of 2 tests
11.12-1.js passed 6 of 6 tests
11.13.2-2.js passed 2 of 58 tests
11.13.2-3.js passed 2 of 76 tests
11.13.2-4.js passed 14 of 36 tests
11.13.2-5.js passed 6 of 44 tests
11.13.js passed 6 of 6 tests
11.14-1.js passed 2 of 2 tests
11.2.2-11.js passed 1 of 1 tests
11.5.1.js passed 26 of 26 tests
11.6.3.js passed 20 of 24 tests
11.9.1.js passed 29 of 63 tests
11.9.2.js passed 29 of 63 tests
11.9.3.js passed 29 of 63 tests
12.5-1.js passed 3 of 7 tests
12.5-2.js passed 3 of 7 tests
15.1.1.1.js passed 2 of 2 tests
15.1.1.2.js passed 2 of 2 tests
15.2.2.2.js passed 2 of 2 tests
15.3.5.1.js passed 0 of 2 tests
15.4.1.3.js passed 1 of 5 tests
15.4.2.2-2.js passed 0 of 14 tests
15.6.1.js passed 19 of 19 tests
15.6.3.1-4.js passed 0 of 2 tests
15.6.3.js passed 0 of 2 tests
15.6.4.2-1.js passed 0 of 46 tests
15.7.3.1-2.js passed 0 of 2 tests
15.8-1.js passed 0 of 2 tests

Not much but this is just the start. If someone wants to run all
tests on their machines just checkout the latest revision and run
driver.py... it will try to run all the test suite (yep, i'm planning
on improving this) and write the results to result.txt while on
screen you get what tests are running. Warning: this might take some
hours

Somehow my code crashed the python interpreter (2.4.4) on one of the
test files... will try to reproduce the crash and send a bug report
upstream.

Now I will work on some simple stuff like the MOD operator and this
kind of stuff to make more tests run :)

abraços,
Leonardo Santagada