[pypy-dev] pypy/dist => pypy/trunk

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Feb 8 20:35:12 CET 2007

Hi !

As part of the preparation for the upcoming release, we are going to
implement the idea that 'pypy/trunk' will be for the future a better
name for normal development to go on, and 'pypy/dist' is a better name
for the place where people can get something stable.  So we will soon
copy pypy/dist to pypy/trunk, to get:

* http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/trunk => the normal development repo
* http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/dist => a stable snapshot

The idea is that people that would like to get a known-working but
recent PyPy can checkout or update the pypy/dist path, and people
working on PyPy itself can work in pypy/trunk.

When this is done (due sometime between tomorrow and Monday) most
checkins should go to pypy/trunk.  Holger will write-protect pypy/dist
to avoid accidental checkins.

Reminder: you can switch your existing working copy by doing:

  svn info
  # look at URL, which must be exactly http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/dist
  # and then do:
  svn switch http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/trunk

It really works like an update, so it should keep your local changes,
which you can then checkin (and they go to the new location,
pypy/trunk).  But never fully trust svn: if you have something important
better make a backup of the working copy first.

A bientot,

Armin