[pypy-dev] Status of pypy-c under Windows

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Fri Feb 9 22:25:57 CET 2007

Hi Scott!

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 16:11 -0500, Scott Dial wrote:
> Antonio Cuni wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > As we agreed on #pypy-sync, I've spent the last days in investigating &
> > testing the translation of pypy-c under Windows.
> >

> My apologies for having let my automated testing fall to pieces.
> Somewhere about a month ago the working copy got damaged and "svn up"
> stopped working bringing a halt to the whole process. I attempted to
> revive it last night, however I can't seem to get Armin's scripts to
> work anymore.. my only guess is that it is related to the "P.S.: Armin,
> we didn't fix htmlconftest yet." from holger. Because I can run the test
> suite just fine, however no html files are being generated. If anyone
> has a solution, then I'll get the win32 testing back up and running.

i think it would help.  Indeed, last night was unfortunate timing ...
fijal tried to fix htmlconftest, does it work for you now maybe?
If not, it will be fixed in the next days, i am sure.

> Unless you are planning to run it on a regular basis, in which case I
> can just resign my box from doing that.

if you can keep it up for now, that'd be good, i think.

> Along the same lines as you, it was relatively painless. The only
> difference was that I am using the free VCToolkit compiler and Platform
> SDK instead of a full-fledge install of Visual Studio.

could you provide a few url-references how to do this oneself?

best & thanks!

holger