[pypy-dev] documentation age

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Wed Feb 14 10:16:36 CET 2007

Hi all!

Just a pointer to a wonderful hack [1] that Samuele implemented
yesterday evening:

http://wyvern.cs.uni-duesseldorf.de/~cfbolz/pypy-dist/pypy/doc/

This is a copy of parts of the PyPy documentation, but with different
coloring than usual: The title gives a general age of the document in
shades of gray (with white being very young and gray being very old).
All the text is colored in shades of yellow, giving the *relative* age
of the lines making up a paragraph (using the median of all the
revisions). In addition, every paragraph has a tooltip showing its age
as a revision number.

In my opinion it is quite useful for finding outdated documentation. It
can be improved of course, but I think even the current status is very
useful.

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich

[1] http://codespeak.net/svn/user/pedronis/docage.py