[pypy-dev] py lib 0.9.0: py.test, distributed execution, microthreads ...
holger at merlinux.de
Wed Feb 14 17:51:16 CET 2007
py lib 0.9.0: py.test, distributed execution, greenlets and more
Welcome to the 0.9.0 py lib release - a library aiming to
support agile and test-driven python development on various levels.
Main API/Tool Features:
* py.test: cross-project testing tool with many advanced features
* py.execnet: ad-hoc code distribution to SSH, Socket and local sub processes
* py.magic.greenlet: micro-threads on standard CPython ("stackless-light")
* py.path: path abstractions over local and subversion files
* rich documentation of py's exported API
* tested against Linux, OSX and partly against Win32, python 2.3-2.5
All these features and their API have extensive documentation,
generated with the new "apigen", which we intend to make accessible
for other python projects as well.
Work on the py lib has been partially funded by the
European Union IST programme and by http://merlinux.de
within the PyPy project.
best, have fun and let us know what you think!
holger krekel, Maciej Fijalkowski,
Guido Wesdorp, Carl Friedrich Bolz
More information about the Pypy-dev