[pypy-dev] Leysin sprint report

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sun Jan 14 12:28:00 CET 2007

Carl Friedrich Bolz <cfbolz at gmx.de> writes:

> Hi pypy-dev!
>
> Unusually for the end of a sprint, everyone here is wide awake and fully
> alert here in the wonderfully pretty but remarkably snow-free ski resort
> of Leysin, in the Ermina B&B we have sprinted at three times before.
>
> Only joking, we are as tired as we always are.

Somehow the two of us forgot to mention that Maciek (and anyone who
got too close to him and was roped in to help) worked on simplifying
the interface for declaring external functions.  Before this, a task
as simple as adding support for say "os.dup" involved editing roughly
42 files, and then wouldn't work because you forget the 43rd.  Now
there is a nice helper function that allows all the details to be in
just one file, as seen in pypy/rpython/module/ll_os.py.

Bästa hälsningar,
mwh & Carl Friedrich

--
  <datazone> okay, tell me if i am crazy