[pypy-dev] translation error in a fresh checkout

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Sat Jan 27 10:08:38 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems when translating pypy from a fresh checkout
(when testing the compilation of Debian packages)
The translation crashes very early in the process:

/home/alf/dev/pypy/dist/pypy/interpreter/pyparser/data/Grammar2.4
********************
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
"global name 'HMASK' is not defined"
Happened at file /home/alf/dev/pypy/dist/pypy/lib/_classobj.py line 21

            v += HMASK

This comes from

> /home/alf/dev/pypy/dist/pypy/objspace/flow/objspace.py(264)build_flow()
-> raise FlowingError(format_global_error(ec.graph, ec.crnt_offset, str(a)))

This used to work last tuesday, but with a checkout from yesterday, the
bug occurs.

I was puzzled at first because I could only see this during the
translation for Debian packages, and not in my usual working checkout
which I update on a regular basis. After blaming the Debian package
building environment and not finding anything, it turns out that my
working checkout has a pypy/_cache directory, which is used. If I rename
this directory, translating will fail there too.

Can other people confirm the problem ? If I'm correct it should affect
the build tool too, since it builds in a fresh checkout.

Reprise et maintenance de sites CPS:     http://www.migration-cms.com/