[pypy-dev] pypy 1.0 release meeting invitation

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Tue Jan 30 23:46:33 CET 2007

Hi Michael, Carl Friedrich,

thanks for inviting! it may make sense to also have a brief
topic about the upcoming py lib release, and some changes that
are soon going to be merged - not sure though if we wait until
pypy-sync for that, so be warned already now, and please
add the topic.

best & thanks,

holger

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 17:22 +0100, Michael Hudson wrote:
> Hi PyPy-developers!
>
> The release is drawing closer (the currently planned date is February, 15th)
> and it is time to meet and discuss the necessary work. Therefore we invite you
> all to a sync-meeting on
>
>   Friday, February 2nd, 2007
>   14.00 UTC+1
>   #pypy-sync
>

> Regular Topics
> ==============
>
> * activity reports (LAST/NEXT/BLOCKERS, everybody posts
>   prepared comma-separated lists of things)
>
> * resolving blockers/dependencies
>

> Release Goals
> =============
>
> This topic is to get a common view on what the release goals are. A
> preliminary list of goals is:
>
> * object optimizations
> * pypy.net
> * more working modules
> * some performance
> * maturity
> * build tool
> * JIT preview
> * security prototype
> * js backend?
> * debian packaging?
>
> Task Planning
> =============
>
> This topic is to collect tasks to be done for the release and divide them
> among people. Some tasks that we could think of:
>
> * work out a timeframe for jit usefulness
> * fix llvm(?)
> * test pypy-cs, run benchmarks.
>   * windows testing!
> * documentation!!!
>   * pypy.net
>   * object optimizations (WP6)
>   * release announcement
>   * improve getting-started
>   * transparent proxies
>   * security prototype
> * make build-tool useable
> * polish js backend?
>

> Hope to see you all on friday!
>
> Cheers,
> mwh
>
> --
>   Python enjoys making tradeoffs that drive *someone* crazy <wink>.
>                                        -- Tim Peters, comp.lang.python

merlinux GmbH       Steinbergstr. 42    31139 Hildesheim
http://merlinux.de  tel +49 5121 20800 75 (fax 77)