[pypy-dev] pypy 1.0 release meeting invitation

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jan 31 00:11:25 CET 2007

Richard Emslie <rxe at ukshells.co.uk> writes:

>> Task Planning
>> =============
>> This topic is to collect tasks to be done for the release and divide them
>> among people. Some tasks that we could think of:
>> * work out a timeframe for jit usefulness
>> * fix llvm(?)
> by this do you mean implement weakrefs and other gc stuff - or it is more
> fundamentally broken? :-)

The recent refactoring to implement more external functions using
rctypes broke pypy-llvm -- llvm doesn't support some rctypes-ish
operations like direct_arrayitems.

But also, it turns out that just about all pypy-llvm's ever segfault
when running commands like "./pypy-llvm --no-compile --backendopt
translate.py targetpystonedalone.py".

So, er, both, in summary :-)

Will you be at PyCon?

  > So what does "abc" / "ab" equal?
         -- Steve Holden defends obscure semantics on comp.lang.python