[pypy-dev] scheme interpreter [status report]

Jakub Gustak jgustak at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 08:55:50 CEST 2007

Hello.

What we have done on scheme interpreter:

Working lambdas, with closures almost as described in r5rs. What we
miss here is proper tail-recursion and issues, when lambda is called
with wrong number of arguments (though should be simple to add).

Some rethinking on ExecutionContext. Now we have global and local
scope (looks like python). When copying ExecutionContext only local
scope is copied, global one is shared. What more, copied
ExecutionContext cannot bound new variables in global scope, though it
can set new values to existing ones.

Done quotations both as (quote <obj>) and as '<obj>. After all it
looks like distinction between W_Identifier and W_Symbol is useless.
So probably only one of them will live in the future.

Also implemented parsing for dotted lists (needed for lambdas definition).

cons, car, cdr were easy ones.

Probably not much hacking before the sprint.

So the plan for EP sprint is RPython. I would like also to discuss
some other features, if time will let us.

See you soon on #pypy or on EP.

Cheers,
Jakub