[pypy-dev] More sprint reporting

Jakub Gustak jgustak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 21:44:24 CEST 2007

Here is what happened with scheme interpreter:

Antonio and I were working on scheme interpreter to translate. - (antocuni, jlg)

The biggest issue was with number handling, it resulted with numbers
hierarchy rethinking and arithmetical operations refactoring most of
them are dynamically generated. - (fijal, jlg)

Some effort was put into syntax checking, especially in macros where
lot of w_pair.car/cdr had to be checked if are still instance of
W_Pair. - (antocuni, jlg)

Then there was work on delayed evaluation. During this Armin found bug
in lambda definition identical to one I made with W_Promise. - (arigo,
jlg)

Finally we made proper tail-recursion work for calls in tail context.
- (arigo, jlg)

Thats it!

btw. I made some dummy benchmark on tail-recursive loop and some
arithmetical operations. Our ss-c is about 5 times slower than guile.

Cheers,
Jakub