[pypy-dev] Using pypy for real world applications part pi/2

Maciek Fijalkowski fijal at genesilico.pl
Fri Jun 1 08:45:54 CEST 2007

I've found an unusual problem regarding rctypes - in implementation of
fcntl.ioctl, ioctl
can return a string containing 0 bytes, because the length is somehow
defined. Our rctypes (or implementation itself, I failed to find by now)
assume that string is null terminated. The unusual thing about this is
that on top of ctypes it works perfectly well.

Any ideas how to fix it?

I think I'll go to bed now and wait for someone else to take a look...

Cheers,
fijal