[pypy-dev] PyPy fully passed its final EU review!

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Fri Jun 1 18:34:27 CEST 2007

Hi all,

we yesterday successfully passed the EU review of
our 28 month PyPy EU project period!

We gave almost 6 hours worth of talks and got a lot of good questions
and remarks ... all of our results met appreciation!

I am relieved - and my thanks to everybody involved
and to everyone who helped!

cheers & best,

holger

P.S.:
    As i've heard the thought from some people that the EU might "prolong
    funding" if PyPy is successful: this is not how it works. We had a
    research contract and we fullfilled that contract - if we were to have a
    follow up project, we'd have to submit a new research proposal and go
    through another application and contractual process.

P.P.S.: the EU project is still not 100% final - money and
        budget finalisation / audits remain ...

--
merlinux GmbH       Steinbergstr. 42    31139 Hildesheim
http://merlinux.de  tel +49 5121 20800 75 (fax 77)