[pypy-dev] Problems with parsing

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:34:44 CEST 2007

I'm having 2 problems with parsing js files, so i'm sending this
email in a call for help:

1) My string regex is not working the one i'm using now:

stringliteral   : <SINGLESTRING>
                 | <DOUBLESTRING>
                 ;

SINGLESTRING    : "'([^']|\\')*'"
                 ;

DOUBLESTRING    : "\"([^\"]|\\\")*\""
                 ;

don't work with this valid js string: "\'\"\\"

2) The parsing module is reaching recursion limit on /pypy/lang/js/
test/ecma/FunctionObjects/15.3.1.1-3.js if you uncomment the code. I
get the idea of where the problem lies, we have there a function with
2k params, but still, it works on spidermonkey and I think I should
support this. you can test this by going to the dir and type "py.test
--ecna 15.3.1.1-3.js" to see what happens.

thanks in advance,
--
Leonardo Santagada
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to