[pypy-dev] Work plan for PyPy

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 01:06:24 CEST 2007

Maciek Fijalkowski wrote:

> * What we do with ootypesystem backends and external functions? Right
> now this is implemented by backends which tends to be a bit ugly
> implementation. My idea would be to have backend-sensitive
> implementations which access backend-specific RPython functions for
> accessing underlaying platform classes/functions/whatever.

I agree. Supporting external functions directly in the backend is
easier, but now that gencli can call .NET code we don't need those
functions to be external anymore, we can just provide a real
implementation for them.

The problem is that at the moment genjvm can't call java functions, so
this solution would not work for it.

ciao Anto