[pypy-dev] about breaking RPython, RCTypes

Beatrice Düring bea at changemaker.nu
Wed Jun 20 12:57:06 CEST 2007

Hi there

Martijn Faassen skrev:
> Hi there,
>

> I posted this to a longer thread the other day but have received no
> answers to it whatsoever. Perhaps it got lost, so I'll do a repost. I
> spent a bit of time writing this post, and I ask some questions in it
> that I think should be answered. Perhaps by telling me I don't
> understand what I'm talking about or that my analysis is entirely
> incorrect. Perhaps it was simply too long?
>
> Whatever it is, I do think the PyPy community needs to be aware of how
> technical decisions have an impact on attracting or repelling potential
> contributors. "answering by silence", which happened so far, is one way
> to make potential contributors worried. :)

Although I can´t answer your questions I do appreciate the time and
effort you and others have spent
on this issue during the last couple of days, and I am sure the PyPy
core gang appreciates your input.

The current plan is to meet at EuroPython in Vilnius to have strategic
technical discussions regarding
direction and among them decisions regarding the issues you raise in
this email. I interpret the silence
as people feeling that they can´t answer this until such a discussion
(???) but that does not excuse the total
silence  - hence this email (that does not give you the answers either).

As you might have noticed   - this topic is also on the agenda as a
sprint topic for the PyPy Vilnius sprint
at which time we hope to have made some decisions.

Since you are coming to EuroPython I look forward to meet you again and
discuss this  and make sure
that a PyPy strategic session takes place which gives you answers -
answers you might like - or not like ;-)

I hope this response does not frustrate you too much....

Cheers

Bea