[pypy-dev] Scheme interpreter - evaluation context

Jakub Gustak jgustak at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 21:53:42 CEST 2007

I was looking into some code, JS interpreter to be exact.

I wonder what are the pros and cons of implementing evaluation context
as stack/list (as in JS interpreter) in opposite to implementing it as
dictionary.

If there is one name space for all objects in Scheme (I mean, there is
no distinction between variable or function when naming them),
dictionary would be the most straight forward. There is no need for a
special way to resolve naming conflicts and so on.

Or am I missing something?

Cheers,
Jakub Gustak