[pypy-dev] lltypesystem typecache

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Jun 22 10:51:31 CEST 2007

Hi Scott,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 03:11:15AM -0400, Scott Dial wrote:
> (like today) I noticed it caused a update conflict due to Armin's
> changes in r44398.

My checkin was mostly accidental.  I think that the way the typecache is
both a regular svn-controlled file deep within the hierarchy, and
modified automatically, will keep causing conflicts in the future.
Also, the entry that was generated on my laptop and that I checked in
while doing other stuff is:

> ('Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz', ('32bit', ''), 'Linux'):...

That looks like a far too precise key.

I don't have a nice alternative, I'm just saying that the current way it
works is a bit troublesome :-)

A bientot,

Armin.