[pypy-dev] GC_REDIRECT_TO_LOCALS breaks Win32

Scott Dial scott+pypy-dev at scottdial.com
Tue Mar 13 03:29:35 CET 2007

I spoke to several people on IRC, but I didn't want to let this fall by
the wayside. On revision 39896, mwh changed the pre_pre_gc_code
generated for all platforms and made the remark in his log entry,
"someone should do a windows build, i guess..." So, that someone would
be me. My test runner has been broken all week.. I'll save the
commentary on the wisdom of such a checkin.

If someone really needs an explanation as to why GC_REDIRECT_TO_LOCALS
breaks everything on Win32 as it is a pthread-only thing. In the
still-in-development version of gc 7.0, it is a workable thing but for
now, it just needs to be excluded[1].

Thanks,
-Scott

[1] http://scottdial.com/pypy-dev/pre_pre_gc_code.diff