[pypy-dev] Google Summer of Code

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 22:11:17 CET 2007

Hi Armin, hi all!

Armin Rigo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A few PyPy developers have signed up as mentors for the Google Summer of
> Code.  Students interested in a summer project about PyPy (or any
> Python-related project) should have a look at:
>
>     http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode

So, outside there is the sun (well, not right now :-)), the temperature
is getting warmer and it's already time to think again about summer of
code :-).

First of all, I don't know who and how many signed up as a mentors: if
the PyPy project needs more, I'm available to sign up as a mentor as well.

Next, I'm also considering the possibility of applying as a student
again: the PhD grant I will receive from 1st of April is very low, so I
  will likely look for an additional job, and it would be great if the
job were pypy-related instead of one of those boring projects I used to
do before :-).

But before applying I want to be sure not to be unfair, because my PhD
is also about PyPy and I don't want to be paid twice for the same work:
so my idea would be to do something unrelated to gencli&Co., just to be
sure it's something that does not fit in my PhD program.

Moreover, I will be well-disposed to withdraw my application if there
are many others interesting pypy proposals, because I would not want to
steal someone else the opportunity of doing such as great experience and
to be involved in the project.

What do you think about it? As I said I basically worry to be judged
unfair, so I would like to know the opinions of other developers before
begin thinking of a proposal (and in that case I guess that #pypy is
much more convenient for discussing it :-)).

ciao Anto