[pypy-dev] Scheme front end - Google Summer of Code

Lenard Lindstrom len-l at telus.net
Sun Mar 18 20:21:24 CET 2007

Armin Rigo wrote:
> Hi Lenard,
>
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 04:05:29PM -0700, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
>
>> Just curious, but isn't proper tail recursion a consideration when
>> writing a Scheme interpreter? It's not a Python feature.
>>

> Note that you get proper tail recursion in RPython when using the
> stackless features.  (It might still make sense to write the Scheme
> interpreter in a non-recursive way, if it's easy enough.)

Hi Armin,

Where I am going with this, I guess, is just how much of the PyPy Python
interpreter can be reused in writing the Scheme interpreter. By the
looks of it most of the machinery is already in place. And the flip side
of the the question is how easily would it be to move those
modifications back into Python? Of course the Scheme requirements may be
incompatible with Python.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l at telus.net>