[pypy-dev] jit.timeshifter.test uses a lot of memory

Scott Dial scott+pypy-dev at scottdial.com
Thu Mar 22 14:59:05 CET 2007

Armin Rigo wrote:
> Hi Scott,
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 08:59:34AM -0400, Scott Dial wrote:
>> I'm not sure if there has been a recent change, but I've always noticed
>> that this test suite requires a lot of memory.
>
> Yes, it's a known problem.  We are simply adding more and more tests,
> and they all leave a lot of stuff behind.  On the automated nightly
> tests on wyvern.cs.uni-duesseldorf.de, we run a few directories one test
> file at a time (instead of the whole directory at a time).  See
> http://codespeak.net/svn/user/arigo/hack/misc/htmlconftest/autotest.py
> line 51.

Ah, I haven't been staying readily on-top of updates to htmlconftest,
but I do have that bit in there except the assumption about the path
separator got me. Would you be open to me providing a rather large patch
to add support for win32, with the caveat that it perhaps would be very
specific to my box? Then we could stay in sync better and there probably
is some merit to making htmlconftest portable to win32 *wink*

-Scott

--
Scott Dial
scott at scottdial.com