[pypy-dev] socket and select on windows

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:48:17 CEST 2007

Hello,

Alexander Shafranov wrote:
> It seems, that in 1.0 release, socket and and select modules aren't
> implemented for windows.
> Does someone work on implementation?

I did a lot of work in this direction several months ago.
I went as far as having the module annotated, and most of the tests running.
The tough part was the reimplementation of getaddrinfo() and
getnameinfo(), which do not exists on many windows platforms.
I think it even translates into C.

It's been a while, but I think I stopped because of some rough aspects
of the rctypes interface (for example: casting pointers looses track
of reference counting).

Anyway, I'll be happy to share my changes, to have another eye on the stuff...
If you agree, I will try to resurrect my work and send you a patch
later tonight.

> I could give a try..
You're welcome...

--