[pypy-dev] Forward: Dyla 07

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed May 2 20:42:49 CEST 2007

Hi Terry, hi all,

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 07:21:56PM -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:
> | > fwiw, I was considering to submit my Prolog paper (or a variation of
> it)
> | > there - but we can do some common planning, not sure whether we should
> | > submit two PyPy papers.
> |
> | I think that it's a good place to submit a "core" PyPy paper, and I also
> | think that your Prolog paper is independent enough to not count as
> | another PyPy paper.  In fact I'd imagine that if we were "academic
> | enough", at this point, several of us should try to publish several
> | papers independently on several aspects of PyPy...
>
> For instance, if there is anything innovative in the JIT work, then that
> might make a nice paper in itself.

Now that the last-minute report writing is done - at least the technical
reports - we should think about Dyla again.  Remember that it is not a
conference but a workshop, which as far as I understand it means that
everybody is a speaker.  We need to send in "position papers" - "we
really think that this is the way this should be done".  The obvious
topics for us are "nobody should write complicated {virtual machines,
interpreters, JIT compilers} by hand".

Thoughts, topics?  We have plenty of topics in and around PyPy, but
let's keep in mind that each paper needs a "position paper" angle.

A bientot,

Armin.