[pypy-dev] What about a Slate front-end?

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed May 2 20:51:05 CEST 2007

Hi Paul,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 09:45:54AM -0400, Paul deGrandis wrote:
> Not too long ago there was a discussion about possible front-ends.
> I know someone here is part of the tunes project... so how about a slate
> front end?

Slate is a strange language, but I guess its basics are not hard to
write in RPython, if someone is interested.  A Smalltalk front-end might
be more useful to start with, though.

I am the one here linked with the Tunes project - the e-mail address is
some hint - but I have to say that I don't find Slate particularly
exciting, beyond the fact that it starts from an interesting idea for
multimethods.  The very short file
http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/dist/pypy/tool/pairtype.py was inspired by

A bientot,