[pypy-dev] scheme parser.

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Thu May 10 00:24:19 CEST 2007

Em 09/05/2007, às 18:05, Jakub Gustak escreveu:

> I have been experimenting with rlib.parsing.ebnfparse today. One thing
> which is not described, if you want to use ebnfparse you have to:
>> py.test.config.parse([])

I don't do that, so thats probably not necessary. Wy not put your
code on lang/scheme so we can all see it?

> Can anyone explain what happens there? Is there any other "magical"
> initialization stuff which i have to know before going on?
>
> ebnfparse seems to work just fine, so I will stick with it, unless
> there is any contraindication.

parsing is a great language parser generator, and probably has
everything a scheme interpreter will need.

> Now I am considering if the parser should generate some bytecode?
> Maybe pickling (not rpythonic) AST tree will be just fine (like in js
> interpreter)?

I am pickling the tree only if running on top of CPython, because
RPython don't support that. And even then, it is really just a hack
because parsing took a lot of time running on top of cpython. Iam
going to give you the same advice I got from armin when I started...
begin with AST and then when you have your parser ready we can see if
using bytecode really get you faster.

--
Leonardo Santagada
santagada at gmail.com