[pypy-dev] Removal of RCTypes, the extension compiler, support for PyObjects

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Tue Nov 20 13:40:37 CET 2007

Hi all,

Richard and I are about to finally remove support for the extension
compiler, RCTypes and the ability to support CPython Objects in the
translation.  We will do this work on the new-genc-tests-wrapper branch
(which now has a slightly strange name).

If anybody has good arguments for keeping these things we would like to
hear about it very soon. The RCTypes functionality is implemented by
rffi these days. The extension compiler can be reimplemented with rffi
if someone is interested in doing that. The current incarnation is not
giving fast modules anyway (and is based on RCTypes and various strange
hacks).

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich & Richard