[pypy-dev] Removal of RCTypes, the extension compiler, support for PyObjects

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Nov 21 13:04:40 CET 2007

Hey,

On Nov 20, 2007 9:08 PM, Alexander Kellett <lypanov at mac.com> wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2007, at 3:11 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > The perception could easily arise that there is no interest in
> > giving an
> > impression of commitment, and thus not to expect a production-quality
> > Python interpreter in the foreseeable future. Is this perception
> > correct? Are people even talking about giving a level of commitment,
> > or
> > is this whole discussion uninteresting to the project altogether? I'd
> > like to know so I can adjust my own perception accordingly.
>
> This thread is getting a bit repetitive.

Yes. For about half a year now.

> If you really want pypy to become "production quality", then Q&A is
> needed, so start a compatibility testing project or something...

With this level of commitment to support this from the PyPy team I
think people will be seriously discouraged from putting any of their
time in it.

When I put time in something, I want to know I can get something back
from it within a reasonable time frame. I want to have the impression
that the team behind the project cares about this kind of use. I'm
trying to find out. I've been trying to find out for half a year. So
far I'm pretty discouraged by the answers, or non-answers.

Regards,

Martijn