[pypy-dev] [pypy-svn] r47040 - pypy/dist/pypy/doc

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Oct 3 17:55:12 CEST 2007

Maciek Fijalkowski wrote:
> Simon Burton wrote:
>> Well, I still want to defend this approach...
>> The idea is:
>> * "ctypes" is the API for interfacing with external objects
>> * genrffi constructs rffi objects by introspecting the ctypes objects
>>
>> It has nothing to do with rctypes (although it uses ctypes_platform
>> to find the libraries). I would at least like people to understand
>> what this is, before they put it on a clean-up list.
>>
>> Simon.
>>
> This is exactly my concern. Because it uses ctypes_platform, it's
> keeping alive code, which I would like to get rid off. Also, given
> ll2ctypes working it's now possible to test rffi version on top of
> cpython, hence I see no point in keeping ctypes version available.
> Please state your concerns, why this cannot be moved to rffi in source code.

Hi friends,

to what extent has this been discussed?
If this change is not commonly approved,
then I'm asking you to change it to a proposed
addition to the cleanup list, but open for
discussion.
This is public information, and before things
are decided upon, I dislike to see misleading
statements, which might turn into truth just
by pretending they were true.

ceterum censeo carthaginem esse delendam - ly yr's -- chris