[pypy-dev] Anybody been following the Open Mono project?

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Mon Oct 8 16:57:13 CEST 2007

It is here:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page

On their wishlist:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wish_List

They say that they are looking for a scripting language.  Python
is liked, but they fear it is too big.

see: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wish_List#Built-in_Scripting_Language

It seems to me that they would like PyPy if we built a
small version for them.  It also seems as if a really old friend of
mine (Ian Darwin) is involved enough in the project to be presenting
it to linux Ontario this October.  I wonder if some of the ideas we had
20 years ago about lightweight processes and tinier-than-v7 os's
have made it into open moko?

I wonder if it would be worth it to get a few of the experimental phones?

Laura