[pypy-dev] pypy-jvm translating magic?

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:44:52 CEST 2007

Niko Matsakis wrote:
> So, I see the bug, it's a bit odd.  It seems to have to do with the
> constant 9223372036854775808L, which gets serialized incorrectly into
> the jasmin code.  However, the Python code looks ok, so I am not sure
> where the problem is.
>
> I tried to create a unit test to reproduce the error, but I am running
> into a seemingly different problem that has to do with a (builtin?)
> function PyLong_FromUnsignedLongLong.  The oosupport direct_call opcode
> fails to handle it properly, whatever it is.

Hi Niko!

Thanks to Carl Friedrich, I found that the problem with that test is
that you must to annotate it explicitly with r_ulonglong, else the
annotation degenerates to SomeObject and the rtyper assign it the
PyObject* type.

I checked in the test in
oosupport.test_template.operations.test_compare_big_ullongs; now the
test passes in gencli but fails in genjvm with the same error as the
full translation. Moreover, I also addedd a new failing test to
oosupport.test_template.runtest.test_big_ullong.

I don't know if I will find the time to look at them today, though.

ciao Anto