[pypy-dev] pypy-c and JIT

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Oct 22 10:45:27 CEST 2007

Hi Raj,

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 08:55:12AM -0500, Raj Bandyopadhyay wrote:
> It only worked for me when I cd'ed to the pypy-1.0.0 directory and
> ran pypy-c there.
> When I added pypy-1.0.0 to my path and ran pypy-c from somewhere
> else, it gave me errors saying that some modules are not found. This
> could definitely be a result of my inexperience with windows, but if
> you get a chance, please do test it out.

Ok.  For anyone interested in helping out, the relevant code is in
translator/goal/app_main.py.  In particular, on Unix at least, the 10
first lines of entry_point() look if sys.argv[0] contains no '/' and if
so search along the $PATH for the likely full path to the executable.
After a quick look the same code appears ok for Windows too, but clearly
something goes wrong somewhere.  A way to check if these 10 lines worked
is to print sys.executable from the command-line of pypy-c.

A bientot,

Armin