[pypy-dev] bern sprint finished

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Tue Oct 30 17:14:29 CET 2007

Hi Martijn,

2007/10/30, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:
> Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:
> > the Bern Smalltalk/PyPy sprint is finished. There won't be a sprint
> > summary in the PyPy sense, but we covered most of what happened during
> > the week on the (already mentioned) pypysqueak.blogspot.com . I just
> > posted a short summary about the overall achievements of the week:
> >
> > http://pypysqueak.blogspot.com/2007/10/bern-sprint-finished-summary.html
>
> Thanks for keeping that blog! I've been following it while the sprint
> progressed. Cool event!

Good to hear!

> I would suggest you continue using a blog for sprint reports and such -
> once a blog gets picked up in the appropriate planets (Python, etc),
> it'll help increase PyPy's mindshare. I'd recommend reusing a single
> blog for all sprints though so people have a chance to get used to it.

Yes, definitely makes sense to me. The reason why we started a
Squeak/PyPy blog and not a general PyPy blog was because we didn't
want to spam the Smalltalk community too much with general PyPy blog
entries.

So, it seems many people liked the blog thing. How about we start a
general PyPy blog where we can all post? Should we try to set
something up on codespeak or just keep using blogspot? The latter
increases the chances that things are happening soon :). Any ideas for
a title? pypy.blogspot.com seems already taken by a dead one-entry
block :-(. We could then try to get it picked up by the python planet.

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich