[pypy-dev] NumPy in PyPy

Simon Burton simon at arrowtheory.com
Tue Sep 11 07:16:16 CEST 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:27:41 -0600
"Greg Holling" <gholling at vni.com> wrote:

> I see that there's been some recent activity in subversion related to
> numpy in pypy (specifically in pypy/dist/pypy/rpython/numpy).  Can
> anybody on this list give me some more information about this
> development work (goals, status, etc.)?  I have an upcoming project
> where it might be useful.

Yes, i've been working on this recently.
I really have been aiming to have this functionality at the rpython
level; it would take some re-thinking to get this to work in the
pypy interpreter. And then, i think it only makes sense to do if
we can exploit the JIT somehow.

You can see the status from looking at the test code.
I will be writing a more comprehensive email to pypy-dev in the
next few days.

One idea i had was to be able to use this in conjunction with
cpython&numpy. But that's a few weeks away from working, and would
still involve programming in rpython.

Simon.