[pypy-dev] pypy with sympy

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Sat Sep 15 02:58:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

since pypy is in Debian for some time, I sometimes test it with our
project SymPy[1], written in pure Python 2.4 and newer. Generally, it
works out of the box and it's very nice and quite fast. You did an
awesome job!

However, sometimes, it fails, because of the bug[2], that we reported
two months ago. Do you think you could please apply the patch provided
in there, or just fix it somehow?

Also another question - what is your plan with your RPython to
javascript converter   - are you planning to create something like the
Google Web Toolkit, or just leave it as is, if someone becomes
interested? I think it would be a very cool feature to have something
like this in Python, just a little more documented and officially
released.

Thanks a lot,
Ondrej Certik

[1] http://code.google.com/p/sympy/