[pypy-dev] pypy with sympy

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Sat Sep 15 15:23:47 CEST 2007

> There is another problem actually:
>
> $ py.test --exec=pypy
> * opening PopenGateway:  /usr/bin/pypy
> MASTER: initiated slave terminal session ->
> MASTER: send start info, topdir=/home/ondra/sympy
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "?", line 32, in run_toplevel
>   File "?", line 265, in run_it
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "<string>", line 40, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named thread
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/py.test", line 4, in ?
>     py.test.cmdline.main()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/py/test/cmdline.py", line 15, in main
>     failures = session.main()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/py/test/terminal/remote.py",
> line 82, in main
>     failures = self.run_remote_session(failures)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/py/test/terminal/remote.py",
> line 111, in run_remote_session
>     return channel.receive()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/py/execnet/channel.py", line
> 175, in receive
>     raise self._getremoteerror() or EOFError()
> EOFError

I forgot to add - I am using the versions from Debian unstable. I
don't have time to test everything from svn, however, if you want, I
can make new versions of pypy/py.test available in Debian when you
release them, but I think the current maintainer will do also do it -
Alexandre Fayolle is the maintainer of those packages - should I
report bugs in them to Debian BTS, or here?

I think the way to go is just users report problems against the
packages in their distributions, like Debian, it is forwarded here,
you fix it in svn, release a new version, it gets to Debian, etc.

Ondrej