[pypy-dev] pypy with sympy

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Sep 25 11:05:43 CEST 2007

Hi Ondrej,

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 02:22:38PM +0200, Ondrej Certik wrote:
> E       f = os.tmpfile()
> >       AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'tmpfile'
>
> Maybe just the pypy in Debian is old? In this case maybe it's time for
> a new release. :) If you tell me what to fix, I'll send a patch to the
> debian maintainer to fix it in Debian.

Yes, os.tmpfile() was added in the meantime.  I personally don't see
much the point of making Debian packages of PyPy at the moment, given
that we're in a state where you are almost always better off if you
start from our Subversion repository instead of from a release a few
months old.  We're not "user-ready" and this situation will not change
before some more months, maybe 1 year.  I'd really recommend starting
from our 'getting-started' document on the web site instead of the
Debian packages.

A bientot,