[pypy-dev] io-improvements branch

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Apr 22 12:01:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

I reviewed the io-improvements branch that speeds up operations like
os.read() by avoiding many copies of the data.  First note that the
branch also kills coalloc, which proved to be not useful (cfbolz:
objections?).

There is a failure in test_lloperation.py that shows that the llinterp
doesn't implement the new operations malloc_nonmovable(_varsize).  But
first, we need to add a test in rpython/memory/test/test_gc.py that uses
these operations (as well as gc_can_move, which I think is also untested
in the llinterp).

When that's done I think we can run all tests and if they pass, merge
the branch.

A bientot,

Armin