[pypy-dev] works in python2.4, fails in pypy

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 13:04:34 CEST 2008

> So pypy is roughly 4.7x slower on this particular thing.
>
> Do you have any plans to release pypy? I think it's getting very useful.
>
> Ondrej

Yes, we have some plans to have a release at some point soon. There
are no details though. Note that if you do this:

from sympy import *
var('x')
from timeit import default_timer as clock
t = clock(); a= sin(x).series(x, 0, 100); t = clock()-t; print t
var('y')
t = clock(); a= sin(y).series(y, 0, 100); t = clock()-t; print

gap between pypy and cpython is getting smaller (some startup time is
particularly large). I can do a bit profiling if you like.

Regarding threaded - I think you should not assume that your argument
is passed as keyword arg when using decorator I think. The other one
looks like bug in pypy, but I'm not 100% sure.

Cheers,
fijal