[pypy-dev] Pypy IRC meeting fri 17:00 UTC on #pypy (freenode.net)

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at openend.se
Wed Aug 27 11:23:35 CEST 2008

Hi all,

since EuroPython there's been some thinking and planning about doing a
new release of PyPy 1.1 before the end of the year with a focus related
to the recent work on compatibility  with applications and CPython and
stability.

We think that an important step in the process is to improve and
consolidate our testing infrastructure with the goal of making it easy
to spot regressions.

After some people availability checking on #pypy we agreed on scheduling
a meeting:

this Friday 29 Aug at 17:00 UTC (19:00 CEST)
on #pypy IRC channel (freenode.net)

The topics to discuss are:

- which machines do we have available or we need (we would like at least to cover Linux x86-32 and windows 32bits)
- requirements for our testing infrastructure
- status of buildbot related work, what would it take to use buildbot for all out testing needs?
- things to do first

This is an open meeting, anybody interested in topics is invited to participate. It should not last more than 1 hour.

We are also planning on having a sprint in October around the testing/release topics and others, we may also try at this meeting to finalize location and dates for that.

regards.