[pypy-dev] Sun's Open JDK Challenge http://openjdk.java.net/challenge/

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 19:50:08 CET 2008

Samuele Pedroni wrote:
> Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:
>> I am not sure it is practical to put parts of PyPy under this agreement.
>> Which parts would that be? All of it (which would be hard, since we need
>> to find all contributors and have them sign it)? Only the new bits which
>> are rather useless by themselves?
>>
> the rule as such makes most sense if the code is going into the Open JDK
> itself,
> I'm not sure how it would apply to stuff in another codebase that uses
> the Open JDK.

The problem is that all entries into the open JDK challenge have to be
put under the contributor agreement. I agree that it might not make
sense for PyPy since it is not going into the JDK. But that is what the
rules are. Maybe we should send a mail asking whether other models might
be possible.

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich