[pypy-dev] pypy/jvm Da-Vinci proposal

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Sun Feb 24 14:48:17 CET 2008

Hi all,

it seems that Anto and Niko are back - so together with CF
we now all plan to be around IRC at

    #pypy-sync monday 25th Feb afternoon (GMT).

Topic is to discuss and maybe work on a PyPy proposal for
Sun's Da-Vinci challenge.

To cut the copyright/legal discussion short for now: let me try
to draft a mail to Sun after or during the discussion tomorrow.

Let's for now rather worry about the technical side: which PyPy/JVM/Da-Vinci
related promises would we like to make for for the next six months?

Note that Anto has created some interesting PyPy/JVM related
information to be found e.g. here:

    http://codespeak.net/pypy/extradoc/planning/roadmap/goal_jython_ironpython_replacement.html

I suggest to use these as starting points and topics for more thinking
and discussion - feel free to commit there, post here or otherwise
discuss outside of regulated meetings, please.

For those interested to see existing proposal drafts,
here is one from today that deals with a "meta compiler for
non-python languages":

    http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/challenge-discuss/2008-February/000024.html

best & see you all,

holger

--
Holger Krekel - freelance manager and programmer
merlinux GmbH: http://merlinux.de