[pypy-dev] Two problems

Maciek Fijalkowski fijal at genesilico.pl
Fri Jan 25 16:46:27 CET 2008

Martin C. Martin wrote:
> So it's not possible for RPython to call regular, non-RPython?  Is there
> some wrapper I could write to let RPython call regular python code?

Not easily. You can call normal python code, provided that you run pypy
interpreter, not cpython. This means that stuff like re are working, but
stuff like pygtk or any 3rd party modules doesn't.

Also calling is very different. You can take a look at module/_demo if
you like, but there are obstacles, like you cannot compile only your
module, you need each time to compile whole interpreter (which takes
~30minutes on decent machine). It's very unlikely you want to use it
that way :)

:.