[pypy-dev] problems running pypy-jvm

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 09:57:33 CEST 2008

Hi Maciek,

Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> First of all, I cannot get jar to work. It's complaining about '@' in
> front of paths. Even if I remove it, it still cannot find Main class.

what do you exactly mean? Could you paste the error message please?

> When I run it by hand I get:
>
> debug: WARNING: library path not found, using compiled-in sys.path
> 'import site' failed
> Error calling sys.excepthook:
> debug: OperationError:
> debug:  operror-type: ImportError
> debug:  operror-value: cannot import name 'curdir'
>
> What's wrong?

No clue. I've translated pypy-jvm yesterday just after the merging of
the less-meta-instance branch, and it works fine:

antocuni at viper goal $ ./pypy-jvm
Python 2.4.1 (pypy 1.0.0 build 56259) on linux2
``nothing is true''

If I move pypy-jvm to another dir and rename my wc to prevent it to find
the compiled-in sys.path, I get another error, which seems reasonable:

antocuni at viper tmp $ ./pypy-jvm
debug: WARNING: library path not found, using compiled-in sys.path
'import site' failed
Python 2.4.1 (pypy 1.0.0 build 56259) on linux2
debug: OperationError:
debug:  operror-type: ImportError
debug:  operror-value: No module named _pypy_interact

Which revision is your pypy-jvm? Any clue why it doesn't find the
library path?
What ./pypy-jvm -c 'import sys; print sys.path' prints?

ciao,
Anto