[pypy-dev] problems running pypy-jvm

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 10:25:00 CEST 2008

Marek Paška wrote:
> Hi pypy hackers :-),
>
> I have the same problem. pypy-jvm is unable to start in interactive mode:
>
> paskma at paskma:goal$ ./pypy-jvm
> 'import site' failed
> Python 2.4.1 (pypy 1.0.0 build 56547) on linux2
> ``choose your hack''
> Error calling sys.excepthook:
> debug: OperationError:
> debug:  operror-type: ImportError
> debug:  operror-value: cannot import name 'curdir'

that's very weird, I've never managed to reproduce this error.
Could you put pypy-jvm.jar somewhere on the web so that I can try it on
my machine, please?

Or you could try to set DEBUG=True in translator/goal/app_main.py,
recompile and see if we get more informative messages.

thank you very much!
ciao,
Anto